Aspie with Attitude

Sure, I'm just another Southern Recovering Alcoholic NPR- and Sweet-Tea Addicted Comic Mom with Asperger's in the SFV, but I can tell you now that I don't necessarily fit the stereotype.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Michelle Obama Serves at a Soup Kitchen and I Don't Care!

Sung to the tune of "Jimmy Cracked Corn." Really, the Obamas are excellent at p.r. I wish I could remember right now, and I'm in a hurry so I'm not looking it up, where it says in the Bible that good deeds should be done in secret. A celebrity--and make no mistake, the Obamas are indeed that--can't say hi to a homeless person without somebody writing a press release about it. The Obamas can hardly sneeze without somebody calling their excrement holy and writing an article about it. Ron Paul, meanwhile, defends the Constitution at every chance he can get and no one seems to notice. Gosh, I wonder why I think that mainstream media is bought and paid for. But it's working--the sheep are following.

1 comment:

Jim Wetzel said...

That would be Matthew 6, first four verses ("Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them ...").

But, now, we must be grateful for the condescension of our betters. Myself, I'm just humbly awed to be allowed to identify myself as a subject of the Chosen One. Why, if Michelle showed up in my miserable peasant hovel at this moment, I'd be unable to see her, since my forehead would be pressed firmly against the floor at her feet. Well, okay, not exactly at her feet ... more like at a respectful distance before her feet.