Aspie with Attitude

Sure, I'm just another Southern Recovering Alcoholic NPR- and Sweet-Tea Addicted Comic Mom with Asperger's in the SFV, but I can tell you now that I don't necessarily fit the stereotype.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Sometimes I don't write for a while in one of my blogs; sometimes I pay more attention to one than the others. Sometimes I pay more attention to life than to writing. It all depends.

I ran across this story the other day and couldn't help but note that the potential adopters, whose goods were returned, were supposedly elated that the baby was returned to its mother. Wow, I can't help but wonder if that's what they really said. If it is, then that's the first time, I think, that I've heard an adopter glad to have a baby go back to its mom. Maybe things are, indeed, looking up in the world. The adoption industry is certainly being called with this incident.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I'm pleased that the baby was reunited with her mother, but with this post, you seem to be lumping everyone involved in adoption into one enormous mass of corruption...I don't think it's entirely fair, to paint say, Iowa's DCFS, Guatemala, and a couple hoping to adopt with the same brush.