Aspie with Attitude

Sure, I'm just another Southern Recovering Alcoholic NPR- and Sweet-Tea Addicted Comic Mom with Asperger's in the SFV, but I can tell you now that I don't necessarily fit the stereotype.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

George Carlin: Libertarian?

Who didn't love George Carlin? The government, perhaps. Although there are some of his sets that I disagree with (his sets that include his atheist views, for instance), I greatly admire Carlin as a comic. But I've not quite ever looked at him as Butler Shaffer did:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer176.html

I enjoy reading Butler Shaffer because I learn a lot from his thinking. I can say a similar thing about Carlin: Love him or not, we can certainly learn from his thinking.

2 comments:

Prometheus said...

"One of the more pretentious political self-descriptions is "Libertarian." People think it puts them above the fray. It sounds fashionable, and to the uninitiated, faintly dangerous. Actually, it's just one more bullshit political philosophy." - George Carlin.

Prometheus said...

"One of the more pretentious political self-descriptions is "libertarian." People think it puts them above the fray. It sounds fashionable, and to the uninitiated, faintly dangerous. Actually, it's just one more bullshit political philosophy." - George Carlin.