Aspie with Attitude

Sure, I'm just another Southern Recovering Alcoholic NPR- and Sweet-Tea Addicted Comic Mom with Asperger's in the SFV, but I can tell you now that I don't necessarily fit the stereotype.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why I Haven't Written

The Los Angeles Times is a joke. I keep putting it in the recycling bin, hoping that Mr. Comic Mom will get the hint and drop the subscription. I could do without it. I've been saying that for a while, but after this Ron Paul media blackout, which is no mere conspiracy theory, but a blatent fact, I have no desire to read mainstream media's propaganda. I voted for Ron Paul, changing my voter registration to "Republican," something I never thought I'd do, so that I could vote for him. There was no mention of Paul on National Propaganda Radio (NPR); nor were there mentions of him, and for that matter, Mike Gravel, in the Los Angeles Times. Could it be that men of principle are just a bit too much for a paper that spouts elitist rhetoric as if it were water from a fountain. I'm becoming more and more disillusioned with the sheep society and less and less dependent on the shepherds. Most Oprah watchers, and even some very intelligent folks, have never heard of Ron Paul. Why is that, when his campaign has raised a tremendous amount of money?

When King Jorge took office, I made a little pledge to myself to turn the channel when his voice came on. I've defended this position pretty much through his whole term. And now? Well, I don't care to hear from the Lizard Queen or slick adopter McCain either. And how's life for us here at the Thinking Mama house? Much better indeed!

1 comment:

Henry Cate said...

One thing I do like about the LA Times is their comics section. They have a great selection of comics.