Aspie with Attitude

Sure, I'm just another Southern Recovering Alcoholic NPR- and Sweet-Tea Addicted Comic Mom with Asperger's in the SFV, but I can tell you now that I don't necessarily fit the stereotype.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

You Think We're Not Living In A Police State?

Check out this story. Then tell me that we're not living in a police state. A McDonald's worker's arrest because a hamburger was oversalted is amazing. It sounds almost as though it's a story in the satirical "Onion" publication. I hope that this girl fights the charges and the police officer is dismissed from his job. But probably, he'll receive a promotion, laugh at the situation with his buddies, and not give one thought to the girl who will now have an arrest record because a burger was oversalted. As bizarre as this story is, it should make every red-blooded American (any of those left?) stand up and fight. But then again, it's so much easier to watch American Idol.

No comments: